Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Being Self Reliant





Last year we had a nice little garden that wasn't much to look at, but this year I might have let my ambition take over! We have a wonderful garden with, zucchini, crook-neck and patti-pan squash, cucumbers, bell-peppers, honey-dew and seedless watermelon, Garrett's corn, 4 different types of tomatoes (6 plants), yellow baby bell-peppers, habanero and jalapeƱo peppers, sweet-butter lettuce, cilantro, chives and basil. WOW we are enjoying everything and are being blessed with a great harvest with allot more to come. Most importantly, Lily and Garrett really like the garden and go out every day to see if we have something new to pick, which has been a great lesson in self-reliance for them. We will keep you posted on how we finish the summer! Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad to see that you are enjoying the garden. Everything tastes so much better than the store stuff.

Thom said...

That's quite the drip system you have! Feel free to post sometime about how you set it up--or if you're interested in doing a guest post about it on my blog, that would also be great. I'm over at www.simpleselfreliance.com, or tstratton@fiberpipe.net

Aaron Smith said...

Thom,

I would be happy to do a guest post on your blog. Please let me know the topic or if you want me to talk about the drip system I have setup I would be happy to do so as well. If you would like to send me an email feel free. asmithpro@gmail.com Talk to you soon