Sunday, March 29, 2009

Buckets

I rarely blog about my husband, we are not the outwardly affectionate type, but we love each other and our kids a whole heck-of-a lot. Anyone that knows Aaron and I, knows how polar opposite we are. I'm from a large city in Southern California, he is from a small town 40 miles from a Target. There were 500 in my graduating class from high school, their were 100 in his. I was democrat, emphasize was, and he is a conservative republican. I was vegetarian*, he's an avid hunter. I fell in love with Aaron because of his strong sense of values, hard work ethic and his intense honesty for the way he felt about me. We just celebrated our six year anniversary last month, and I wouldn't be grateful if I didn't express how thankful I am to have met Aaron and thus married him and had his cute babies.

I'm truly grateful to have found Aaron and also almost equally grateful for the introduction to the tri tip! The last two weeks the kids and I were sick and Aaron tended to us by running to the grocery store, helping with laundry and rocking our crying baby girl in the middle of the night. Aaron is a strong man that would do anything for his family. I truly believe home is where our buckets get filled with confidence, love, understanding and praise. And as the mom the family I'm making it a priory to fill up some buckets!

*For the record, I'm no longer a vegetarian, but I refuse to cook with the latest hunted animal he brings home. It just kinda makes me ill.

No comments: