Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lily's Check-up and an Elevator

Yesterday Lily had her 4-month check-up and here are the stats:

14 pounds-56 percentile
25 inches long-85 percentile

She got four shots and woke up this morning with a 101 degree temperature, and has been a little wicked-ee (our work for fussy).

After her appointment I thought it would be lovely to take the kids to the library on a rainy day. Garrett could play with the toys and check out the fresh water aquarium, and I could pick-up a new read.

We meet a really nice grandma there with her grandson, and Garrett and him really played nicely together. It was turning out as planned...a lovely afternoon. Then we went to get in line and Garrett took off running toward the tall bookcases, while I'm in line with Lily (in her massive car seat), my fully equipped diaper bag and books in hand. So really how am I to run after him, and I can't yell out to him, I'm at a library. So, I briskly walk over the the crowds of snuggled up readers to find my son running away, again, from me while I say to myself "when I catch him, I'm going to spank his little butt".

Luckily, I run into a sweet, nonjudgmental friend, who saves me. She watches Lily so I can go run after Garrett. Then he is lost, no where to be found. I search the bathrooms, every isle, the children's area. I start to panic, heart racing, palms sweating, panic. "What if someone takes him", "What if he runs out to the street". I walk out the library to find two double doors that led to the City Hall (in the same building, just different offices), then there it was an elevator. I yell Garrett's name, and hear a small, but high pitched little voice shout back at me "Mommy, help I'm over here"....oh yes, inside the elevator, where else.

All safe, all accounted for.

It make me feel a little better today what one of my friends got kicked out of the library today for her child running around!

No comments: