Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Welcome everyone!



As you know we have been very blessed the past couple of months, with Lily Jane in our life. With this blessing came a lot of changes. One being a new blog! Although news, media and society indicate times of extreme difficulty. Life is good for the Smith family. Despite these trying times, we look forward to spending time together and enjoy what matters most. The gospel of Jesus Christ and each other.

We have been very busy in the recent months. Garrett is still attempting potty training with a major breakthrough last weekend with Mimi and Papa. Garrett is 3 and I think that pretty much says it all! He is very intelligent and always is yearning to learn more. I actually caught him reading and recognizing a couple of words. Pretty good for a three year old.

Lily is my little girl. She is growing like a weed. In January she weighed in at 14 lbs. Chunk-a-munk! She coo's and laughs all the time and is just a happy little baby. I am a proud daddy because I'm the only one that she will take a bottle from!

Sarah, what can I say, she is the most amazing mom, wife, friend, employee, and person. Although I think she tackles too much some times, she is awesome in every way. We couldn't live without her!

Lastly, I just finished a long and painful trip of 14 days. Fortunately, I won't be doing that again for a while. I was just called into the Elders Quorum presidency, which is what I needed spiritually. This is a new and exciting challenge that I really look forward too!

I hope everyone enjoys the new blog, we can't wait to see you, as always the Smith home is open!

4 comments:

Buffy Clark said...

Your new blog is cute. Glad to know that everone is doing well.

Mandi said...

Looks great! Lily is getting so big. I fixed the side so it doesn't run over the letters! Love ya.

Shelli Garza said...

We love you guys so much and We are glad you all are great we can't wait to see you and we are glad you finally posted something new.

Unknown said...

I like it! I love and miss you guys... xoxox