Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Being Thankful


Garrett (4 years)

Garrett has been say some pretty funny thing lately, so funny I had to share it with you. He is really cleaver and Aaron and I are still trying to figure out how comes up some of his sayings.

Tonight, Aaron and I were discussing cars and which car to purchase and Garrett chimes in to say:

"You get what you get, and don't have a fit"

Hilarious!

Last Sunday Garrett insisted that he carry this old book around all day, and when we asked him why he was so interested the vintage book, he replied

"I reading the book about Jesus"

In the Primary Program the children will be performing on Sunday, Garrett was given a part. Scary. When it was his turn to go up to the stand and practice. Here is what happened...

Teacher: (whispering) Garrett, say "my body is a temple".
Garrett: (into the microphone) My body is a temple, and it makes me feel good
Where did that come from? Talk about random!

We have been talking about Thanksgiving this week, and I asked Garrett what he was thankful for, he said "My mommy and daddy". Awwww.

Lily (13 months)

Lily is walking and is following her brother all over the house. I gave her pig tales for the first time the other day, so cute! She loves to play with Garrett's trucks and cars, her kitchen and loves to eat sand.

Everything she finds around the house, she puts on her head. Daddy's sock...it's a hat, Tupperware container...it's a hat, dish towel...it's a hat. It never ends, everything's a hat. Even in the picture above, she is probably thinking to herself "Hmmm, wonder if this pumpkin could be a hat?"

These are the moments that I stand back and feel and overwhelmed with blessing that I have these adorable little ones in my life. They are my greatest blessing, they bring so much joy and happiness into my life. I'm truly thankful for my family!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am also thankful that we have those little ones in our lives. Garrett, Lily, Claire, Grace & Carter are truly blessings.