Wednesday, April 22, 2009

6 months


Lily turned six months on the 20th and can't believe my baby is growing so fast. I wanted to note some of Lily traits as a memento:
-She loves to watch me cook dinner while hanging out in her Bumbo chair
-Loves to crawl around the living room and stick whatever she can find in her mouth
-She prefers a pitch black room while sleeping
-Loves her binky, no LOVES her binky
-When she is sitting down, you can count 5 rolls on her cute belly
-Hates the baby swing
-Loves to hold on to something while sleeping (toy, blanket, rail of the crib, or whatever she can get her hands on)
-Thinks her brother is the funniest person alive.
-Loves the beach!

At night (the only time I can actually think) I'm so amazed to think I have a daughter. I feel like I'm a better person having her. I want to show her a good example of how to be a daughter of God, humble and loving.

She is such an easy baby and is just so happy to be part of the family. Aaron and I marvel at what a sweet child she is and how well the dynamic between Garrett and her has been. Garrett today said that Lily was his best friend. I hope they will continue to be close and always look to each other for support and guidance. They are my light and my life and our greatest blessing!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy 6 mos. B-Day, Lily. You've already hit so many markers, I can't keep up with how fast time flies. I love your sweet nature and that adorable baby face. Can't wait to see you and Mr. G again.

Jenn Kirk said...

Look at her arms and legs!! SO cute! Happy 6 mos, to mom and Lily. :)

Monty and Kristin said...

So sweet! I can't believe she's already that old!! Looks like lots of fun! Love your blog!