Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kern County Fair


Garrett and his cousin Peyton at Disney on Ice


Papa and Garrett on the elephant (disclaimer: I told Garrett that I thought elephants should be free in Africa, and not at a fair. Garrett replied "Mommy the elephant wants to be at the fair and I'm gonna ride it"...he is just like his daddy!) *I was just informed by some knowledgeable, "unanimous", viewer of my blog that it is not an African elephant, just an Asian elephant)

Loving the horse ride, he kept on saying "blast off horsey"

The fair crew, minus Kandi and Chris

I love me a good fair. While Aaron was gone, the kids and I packed up and headed over to visit the Smith Family. We had a fun filled weekend with taking the kids to the fair, and to Disney Princess on Ice. Disney on Ice was awesome! I think Mandi and I enjoyed even better than the kids.

There is something about the fair that I love. Sometimes when I step back I think "wow, this place is really cheesy, but I love it!" Fair food, winning a big stuffed animal, riding the giant slide, elephant rides, and a bunch of kids running around having crazy fun, how can you not say that is cool!

Thanks for the great weekend!

1 comment:

Steve Evans said...

I agree with you on the elephant being free, however it is an Asian elephant, not African. I did a report in the 3rd grade on elephants and one of the few things I remember is how to tell the difference between Asian and African elephants so whenever I get the chance I have to share my knowledge.

So anyways I think it would be a nice sentiment for you to send it to Africa, until the elephants there kill it for being so funny looking.